Certified Safety & Health Official (CSHO)
Become an industry recognized TEEX Certified Safety & HealthOfficial® (CSHO) in one of two tracks:
- Construction Industry (for construction environments)
- General Industry (at industrial facilities)
The TEEX CSHO is valuable whether you perform safety and health work on a daily basis or have safety responsibilities over others, including inspections and audits.
In addition to its many other benefits, your CSHO certificate qualifies you for college credit with the following institutions of higher learning:
- San Juan College School of Energy
- Texas A&M University – Commerce
- Tarleton State University
- Northwestern State University
See more at: teexsafety.org/csho
Katy Area Manufacturing Industry Training Service Project
The Katy Area Economic Development Council, Texas Manufacturing Assistance Center (TMAC), Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX) and other local partners have teamed up to offer FREE, crash-course, informational and training workshops for local manufacturers, distributors, industries, service based businesses and Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs). You are invited and encouraged to take advantage of this great opportunity.
View full list of events and register at: http://katyedc.org/Business-Resources/Katy-Area-Manufacturing-and-Industry-Training-and.aspx
ASSE’s Member-Get-A-Member Campaign
How does it work?
- Forward an application using our refer a friend tool or direct them to www.asse.org/join to download an application.
- Ask your friend to enter your name as their sponsor and promotion code 1601RAF on their application.
- Tell another friend…and another…and another…to earn rewards.
The more of your friends who join, the more REWARDS
- Refer 5 friends to receive 1 FREE ASSE Webinar
- Refer 10 friends to receive an a FREE 1-year extension of your ASSE Membership
- Refer 15 friends to receive a ASSE Polo Shirt + 1 FREE ASSE Seminar
Grand Prize Drawing: For every new paid member you sponsor January – December 2016, you will receive an entry to win the Grand Prize drawing for a trip to SAFETY 2017 in Denver including:
- Full SAFETY 2017 registration June 19 – 22 in Denver, CO
- Three nights hotel accommodations June 19, 20, and 21 at one of ASSE’s conference hotels
- $250 AMEX card to use for expenses
*Prize not to exceed $2,000 US.
Your Friend wins too!
In addition to all of their new ASSE Membership benefits, every time a new member joins with code 1601RAF they receive 1 FREE ASSE Webinar.
Rewards are earned from 1/1/16 to 12/31/16 when a new paid member joins ASSE using the code and enters your name as their Referral/Sponsor, on their member application. Rewards are not applicable for Student Member referrals.
*Must be a current member to receive the 1-year membership extension.
Between Jobs Ministry
To help colleagues during a transition to new companies and/or job positions, an Energy Corridor section member has provided a list of “Between Jobs Ministry” organizations throughout the Houston area. Please click here for more information.
Women in Safety Engineering (WISE)
The WISE Mentoring program successfully connects today’s most talented and experienced women mentors with rising and aspiring mentees. This pairing is designed to encourage and empower mentees to more effectively advance their careers through alignment with identified business objective, skill development, career option consideration, and network formation. All discussions are strictly confidential between the two parties. If you are a WISE member and SH&E practitioner seeking to chart a successful career path or a seasoned pro eager to share experiences and insight, please visit the ASSE WISE website for more information. http://www.asse.org/practicespecialties/wise/mentor/.