Dear Members and Colleagues,
Our thoughts and hearts are with all of the people of Houston and surrounding areas during these difficult times. This page is provided to consolidate available resources for disaster relief. Please feel free to distribute as much as possible. If you have any other resources to add, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to keep our website updated with links and resources. Stay safe!
Please join the ASSE Region III Hurricane Harvey Facebook page for up to date information and to connect with members offering / needing help: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1824921600870252/
Options to try for RESCUE:
From Authorities: If your home is taking water, shut off power via the breaker box. Elevate yourself above water, and use wood (i.e., 2×4) to shut the breaker. DO NOT go into attic if water is rising in your home unless you have an ax to break through the roof. Get on your roof instead. Call for emergency services using the information below.
1) Call 911 for life threatening emergencies.
2) If you need a rooftop rescue, call 911 or 281-464-4851 (U.S. Coast Guard) if 911 is busy.
3) If you or someone you know are in need of rescue, please download the Zello app (https://zello.com/app), type in Texas search and rescue, and then search for any search and rescue close to your vicinity. This will connect you with officials on the ground there that can navigate help your way.
5) The U.S. Coast Guard (Houston) – 713-578-3000
6) Cajun Navy – Contact them via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/LaCajunNavy/?hc_location=ufi
Utility / Power Providers:
1) Texas-New Mexico Power – http://www.tnmp.com/customers/outages/index.htm?source=redirect
Recovery Safety Tips and Resources:Harvey Home JSA
Disaster Relief from FEMA to register for housing for those displaced: www.disasterassistance.gov
FEMA: 1-800-525-0321 (https://www.fema.gov/apply-assistance)
Flood Control: 713-684-4000 (https://www.hcfcd.org/)
Houston American Red Cross: 713-526-8300 (http://www.redcross.org/local/texas/gulf-coast/disaster-response)
Houston TranStar (transportation and emergency services): 713-881-3244 (https://traffic.houstontranstar.org/roadclosures/)
TX National Guard: 1-800-527-3807
Office of Emergency Management: 713-881-3100
Texas Department of Transportation (https://drivetexas.org/#/6/31.398/-96.902?future=false)